- I have been slavishly slogging through the tests and putting on the final score points, with everyone calling to hear how they have done...Well, tomorrow, we should be ready to stand and deliver.
- Critical Reading is still the bane of everyone's existence...
- I pray that everyone will rest on Friday and just clear the cobwebs out.
- Each staff member assigned to a SAT center remains as: Priory (Ms. Bramwell), St. Andrew (Ms. Campbell), Campion (Ms. Reynolds)..Each staff member will have sample SAT registration forms, No 2 pencils, one or two calculators, letterheads ready to write and identify the Versan student who left an ID at home, extra candy for stimulants during the break, envelopes for standby forms...and all other various necessities that are required on EXAM DAY!
- AISK has yet to have a teacher assigned.
- Please show up at the registration table early, all standby students to claim a standby ticket before they run out. 7:30 a.m. is a good time for the unsure ones to show up for the exam and make inquiries.
- By now you have all heard about the SAT scandal...too funny but not to be taken lightly.
- I must say I am proud of all the students who managed to complete at least 3 solid textbooks (Kaplan, Gruber and Barron's before the big day!) Woe to those who failed to do so...
- SAT II books are now available. A few SAT books are too, though those fly off the shelves quickly...
- Check your No 2 pencils...and have a darn good eraser!
For those students who are West coast minded, please note that the application forms open online this Saturday. Deadline for this school is November 30!
US COLLEGE FAIRS
The season is upon us when colleges float through and visit our shores. They will come to your schools and present. It is nice to ask relevant questions, but most importantly, verify, verify, verify the information!
PTA Meeting -New Groups (SAT, SSAT, GRE, GMAT, LSAT)
We originally thought about a PTA meeting this weekend, but have moved the meeting to next week end, October 9 at Shortwood Teacher's Auditorium. All students will be called and emailed advising of the change.
US/CANADIAN BOARDING SCHOOL FAIR
After a successful Symposium, our next big venture is India, yes, but we also have our Fairs coming up! Do note that some 38 schools will be visiting Jamaica during that weekend of November 18, 19 and 20th! Parents of SSAT students and those students should now be in the throes of getting their applications off.
SAT REGISTRATION FOR NOVEMBER
Please note that the deadline has passed for November for international students ...it was Tuesday the 27th. The other deadlines seen are for US citizens and residents overseas.
Pray without ceasing...I will be at Priory for the final blessing before you enter the hall of SAT doom! Smile...